We all like to think that if we ever met a celebrity, we’d play it so calm and cool that the celebrity in our midst would invite us to be in his or her inner circle. After all, when we’re starstruck we’re totally the embodiment of hip and collected, right? Well, not exactly: odds areif you ever meet a celebrity – particularly one you’re a huge fan of – you might actually fall to pieces! Even worse, you might do something awkward, say something irrelevant, or worst case scenario, start sprinting in the other direction. Check out these 10 hilarious encounters and get ready for some laugh.
1. “I very loudly said, ‘Bitch thinks she’s fuckin’ Rihanna with that hair!’… She turned around and it was, in fact, Rihanna…
2. “My family and I were at dinner in New Orleans and realized halfway through dinner we had been seated next to Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds. After many drinks my mom excused herself to use the restroom. After about 10 minutes, I decided to check on my mom… I found her cornering Blake Lively in the restroom, telling her how beautiful she was and how amazing she and Ryan were as a couple.
3. “I had the awesome opportunity of meeting my idol, Orlando Bloom – I’m a massive Lord of the Rings fan and have been kinda obsessed with him since I was like 11. When I saw him, the first words out of my mouth (completely unintentionally) were ‘Omg, when I was young, you made me realize I was heterosexual.”
4. “I ran smack right into Beyonce… I was so starstruck that I couldn’t even apologize.”
5. “I was still drunk trying to work the self-checkout… 50 Cent had to help me and told me to get my life together.”
6. “Harrison Ford gave me the finger the instant I recognized him driving the sports car next to me at a traffic light in Reading, PA in the mid-90’s.”
7. “My dad finished their conversation by telling Lamar Odom that he should play basketball.”
8. “I met Katy Perry at Warped Tour in, like, 2008, when she was promoting her album One of the Boys. And she was like, “I’m playing at 4:00, do you want to take a picture?” And we were like, “No, that’s OK, we’ll come see you play” AND WE DIDN’T SEE HER PLAY AND NOW I’M OBSESSED WITH HER.”
9. “I was out playing golf with a buddy one day when I heard another golfer call up from behind asking he could join us. We said sure and as he got closer we realized it was Bruce Willis. We played 9 holes with him (he’s a pretty good golfer) then he bought each of us a beer afterward. Awesome guy”
10. “I worked at a Japanese restaurant in Vegas and in comes OJ Simpson with a couple lady friends. He came in town to attend his trial for stealing his collectibles. I came over to drop off some miso soup. He takes a look at me and goes “God damn that’s a lot of hair!” scruffles my hair and laughs, then he hands me 20 bucks.”
11. “I saw Raven Symoné outside of my office building while I was going out to get lunch. After I noticed it was her, I shouted, ‘Hey! That’s So Raven!’ She didn’t like it. She didn’t like it at all.”
12. “After a moment of really tense, expectant eye contact, I impulsively reached out and stroked Johnny Depp’s chest.”